Friday, September 22, 2023

The Leftover Love


What is it about this leftover love that never seems to be done? 
The Sun succumbs to the darkness each evening but this leftover love for you refuses to? 
Why do I have a part of you in me? 
And, why do I feel you have a piece of my heart with you? 
Why do all the lines of my poetry lead back to you? 
Why, when I cry a river, it flows towards you ? 
Can you tell me when will the leftover love for you be done? 
Because, this hurts like hell knowing I cannot have you. 
Can you please take all these leftovers with you while you go? 
Can I have a piece of me back from you? 
How do you manage to tame my fire and yet ignite it as the same time? 
You asked me: Why I don’t get goosebumps? How do I tell you that I am dripping wet thinking about you and goosebumps are too minimalist for me?
When do I get answers to everything I ask for and un-ask for ? 
Do you know that somedays I don’t know if I wait for you or try to forget you, making me stuck at both things, at the same time? 
Did you know that I have entangled myself in the spiral of addiction for you? 
Will you detangle me ever? 
I wonder, if you will ever know all that I have for you? 
I wonder, Will I ever know if you have any leftover love for me, just the way I have for you? 
Do you know I have been falling for you again not knowing where I would land? 

No comments:

Post a Comment