Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Why not me?

You ask me why do I stare at you? 


I do, I feel I just want to keep staring at you, like someone would stare at the orange moon on a full-moon night. 
I try to find a little bit of love for me in you, like someone trying to find constellations in the sky. 
I try to find some answers that have no questions with it. 
I keep looking at you so that I can dream all about you later. 

I look at you and wish I could shower you with all the love in me that I ever had for you. 
I look at you and wait for you to shower all the love you had for me, but, wait, did you ever have any for me ?

I keep looking at you, because I wonder, if I ever will be able to look at you like that again? 
I look at you and still wonder, what would have life been with you? 

You don’t speak much, so I try to read your eyes. I try to follow your breath to see if it has my name on it? 

You ask me why do I stare at you? 
I ask, why not you ? 
I still ask, why was it not me? 

1 comment:

  1. Cute story. Very few are blessed to have someone in their lives like the protagonist in this tale, who has someone to stare at unconditionally, as well the unknown person who is being stared at and at same time being watch over affectionately. Nice write up.

    ReplyDelete