Sunday, September 3, 2023

One Sunday..

am in the grocery aisle..I wish you were on the shelf, so I could pick you up and check you out and take you home with me.


****

You said you make great eggs. You don’t know how crazy I am for all the egg recipes, infact eggs are my weakness. I had to make an omlette today, allthough it wasn’t on the menu. My heart said so, How does omlette and Aloo paratha sound to you? 
Who said you can only make things that are supposed to be on the menu? 
Who said I should follow the rules? 
Who said you should not break any? 
Can you break a rule for me ever? Because, I can, a million times to be with you. 
And, one day you could make a sunny side-up in the shape of a heart for me, please? 
And, I could devour you with them in my lazy girl pajamas on a lazy sunday morning? 

Ah, the could’s and the should have been’s. 

****

You posted a pic and that is not mine. It looked as though I had seen a STOP sign when I was on 100 in the 65 zone. 

I put the brakes and jolted from the inside. 

****

Lazy sunday afternoons, a little rain in the forecast, Fall coming soon, chai with extra adrak in the making. I hear you calling my name. 
Do you think I will cocoon myself in the yellow comforter watching the rain from my bed or will I get drenched in the rain? 
Rain and you go back years ago. But, it feels just like yesterday. 
Have you ever felt the rain in early Fall?
Have you ever felt the way I feel for you? 

****

No comments:

Post a Comment